Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wanna See Entourage: The Movie?

It's been brewing for nearly a year now, but creator-writer Doug Ellin says he's on page 110 of his screenplay for the upcoming Entourage movie.

As Ellin told Deadline earlier this week, he's set to finish the script this Sunday, adding that executive-producer Mark Wahlberg keeps promising "to kill me if I don't write faster. Every time I see him, Mark says, 'I've made five movies this year. Get going!'"

According to Ellin, the movie picks up about six months after the TV series left off. "There are interesting developments about Ari as a studio head, and that's still the first page for me," Ellin continued. "But foremost is the friendship between the guys who are still hanging out and going to fun parties, and it continues with the same characters."

While development continues moving forward, HBO heads Richard Plepler and Michael Lombardo have stated multiple times that they've only heard a general pitch for the film and will still need to read the full script before arranging deals with the principal cast members.

Nevertheless, Ellin remains optimistic. "I'm excited. I feel a lot of positive energy," he said. "Everywhere I go, people ask me, 'Where's the movie?'"

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love on Twitter and IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment