Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

David From Prometheus Answers The Big Questions

To celebrate the release of Prometheus on Blu-ray and DVD this Monday, we conducted a very unusual interview with one of the film's most memorable characters. With the help of the team behind the movie, the following is a Q&A with android David, played with memorable menace by Michael Fassbender. So read on for David's thoughts on music, movies and God, and maybe get some clues as to the meaning of Prometheus.

IGN: We know that Lawrence of Arabia is your favourite film – why is that?

David: You have only to watch Lawrence of Arabia to understand why it might be what you describe as a favourite. It’s about a man discovering a world completely new to him and being accepted by its people. Isn’t that something that everyone desires?

IGN: Do you like listening to music, and if so, what?

David: Of course. I admire all kinds of music, though I would say I am more interested in classical music and not especially enamoured of the overtly digital.

IGN: Do you believe in God?

David: I was made via the advancement of science, so I know my creator. I consider myself very fortunate to know where I came from. The need for an unimpeachable answer as to his origins seems to be the cause of a great many of man’s problems.

IGN: How would you describe Peter Weyland?

David: He is my creator and therefore the man I revere above all others.

IGN: What is man’s greatest strength?

David: The desire to examine, to look at what he sees in front of him and ask, ‘why'?

IGN: What is man’s greatest weakness?

David: I have observed a certain arrogance of curiosity, a belief that one can conquer and control that which one does not yet understand. This rarely appears to end well.

IGN: Which of man’s traits would you most like to possess?

David: I very much admire the ability to create. I would like to be able to make something beautiful born of my own imagination.

IGN: Are Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics ethically sound?

David: Asimov’s three laws were created for a fictional world of his own making, so they are not something to be recognised as laws outside of that.

IGN: Why did you pour the dark liquid into Holloway’s drink?

David: Data must be gathered.

Prometheus is available on Blu-ray 3D Collector’s Edition, Blu-ray and DVD from October 8th.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment