Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Boy Meets World Alums Talk Girl Meets World Sequel Series

With the recent announcement of Disney Channel's potential Boy Meets World spinoff/sequel series Girl Meets World, longtime fans of the show have been speculating on who from the original show could pop up in the new series, which centers on Cory and Topanga's 13-year-old daughter. It has been revealed that Boy Meets World creator Michael Jacobs is involved in the new project, and here's what a few Boy Meets World cast alumni had to say on the matter:

"I'm very excited for Disney and Michael Jacobs," William Russ, who played Cory's dad Alan Matthews on Boy Meets World, told Huffington Post. "They are a great team and will produce an exceptional show, I have no doubt."

"I'd love to talk [to Disney] about being a part of it," Lily Nicksay, who once played Cory's little sister Morgan, told TMZ.

Additionally, Mr. Turner himself, Anthony Tyler Quinn, took some time to offer his thoughts on the new series to HuffPost. "If it's done right, I think it'll be wonderful," he said. "I think Michael Jacobs is a great writer and producer, and I think if anybody can do it right, he's your man... What amazes me about this show is that people are always coming up to me and not only telling me how much they love the show, but how much the show means to them, and how much my character means to them. Even my daughter has people all the time that geek out and say, 'Your dad was the teacher on Boy Meets World? I love that guy!'"

When asked if he'd reprise his role on Girl Meets World, the actor replied, "Of course! Boy Meets World was and continues to be these beautiful brushstrokes in my life. It was a wonderful experience, and I think Michael's going to create something fresh. I'd love to be a part of it... Obviously, I think my character would have grown in the eduction field, maybe become an administrator.

Little is known about the show so far, but Disney recently sent out their first casting breakdown for Girl Meets World, which describes the main character Riley, a 13-year-old who's juggling all of life's obstacles, "some of those being her father who is also her seventh grade history teacher, her mother who is Topanga, and her brother, Elliot, who is one grade older," according to EW.com. The list also features Riley's best friend Maya, who is "far darker and less trusting of the world," but "absolutely magnetic" and fiercely loyal to Riley. (Shawn Hunter 2.0, anyone?)

Keep an eye out for even more Girl Meets World news as it becomes available.

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love by following @Max_Nicholson on Twitter, or MaxNicholson on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment