Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mike Capps Steps Down as Epic Games President

Mike Capps has stepped down as president of Epic Games. In a blog post on Epic’s official site, Capps wrote that “after 10 crazy and wonderful years, I’m handing off my current presidential duties at Epic, and transitioning into an advisory role as well as remaining on the Epic board of directors.”

“If you haven’t heard, I have a baby boy on the way,” Capps explained. “I’m fortunate that with Epic’s success and generosity, I can be a stay at home dad for a while.” Capps notes that he doesn’t have concrete plans for what’s next, suggesting “I might do some teaching, spend more time on creative writing, and maybe get more active with a few charities.”

Capps added that he’s “truly excited about our future games and Unreal Engine 4” and will remain on Epic’s board of directors. “I’ll continue to be available as a resource to Epic, to provide context or advice where I can,” he wrote. “Whatever I can do to help in Epic’s success, I’m in.”

Capps concluded by saying that he has “great confidence” in Epic’s executive team, including the recently-returned vice president of product development Paul Meegan and vice president of operations John Farnsworth. “As a member of the board, I’ll help keep the ship pointed directly towards Na Pali, and make sure that everything we do is Epic,” Capps added.

Capps is the third major departure from Epic this year, following Rob Fergusson leaving for Irrational in August and Cliff Bleszinski departing in October.

Andrew Goldfarb is IGN’s associate news editor. Keep up with pictures of the latest food he’s been eating by following @garfep on Twitter or garfep on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment