Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mark Wahlberg Was Almost Kirk's Father in Star Trek

Mark Wahlberg has revealed that J.J. Abrams originally approached him to play the role of Captain Kirk's father in the Star Trek reboot.

In an interview with Total Film, Wahlberg explains he turned down the role as he never really understood sci-fi and so felt he couldn't do the part justice.

"I remember him asking me to play Captain Kirk’s father in Star Trek," he revealed. "I tried to read the script and I didn’t understand the words of the dialogue or anything, and I said 'I couldn’t do this. I think you’re really talented but I couldn’t do this.'"

We're sure Chris Hemsworth, the man the role eventually went to, is fairly grateful; despite only offering about ten minutes of screen time, the role pretty much kickstarted his entire Hollywood career.

What do you reckon; would Wahlberg have made a better Captain Kirk Sr. or are you happy that Hemsworth got a chance to shine?

Luke Karmali is IGN's UK Editorial Assistant and is really more of a Star Wars fan. You too can revel in mediocrity by following him on IGN and on Twitter.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment