Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Joss Whedon: S.H.I.E.L.D. is All About the "Little Guy"

One of the most highly anticipated TV projects in the works right now has to be Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, featuring Clark Gregg reprising his role as Agent Phil Coulson. With the production now wrapped, writer-director Joss Whedon was able to give a few more details about what the new series is all about.

ABC President Reveals S.H.I.E.L.D. is Set After Avengers

"The idea of the Little Guy is something that I am very fierce about, and there has never been a better Little Guy than Clark Gregg," Whedon told Deadline in a recent interview. "That intrigued me, this world around the superhero community. It's the people whose shop windows get blown up when the Destroyer shows up. It's the more intimate stories that belong on television that we can really tap into the visual style and ethos, and even some of the mythology, of the Marvel movies. I think we've put together another really great ensemble headed by Clark. And how much it's actually seeding or hinting or reacting to what's going on in the movies is something we'll let play out as we go.

"For me the most important thing is that people fall in love with it on its own merits, rather than constantly asking, 'Is there gonna be an Avenger?' Well, there's not gonna be a Hulk because that guy's too expensive."

But just how involved will Whedon be with the show? After all, the filmmaker will soon have his plate full once he begins work on Avengers 2. "I will be as involved as I can be -- mostly on a story level," he said. "On the TV show I can say, 'No, do it my way.' I'm just trying to keep it exciting and meaningful and surprising."

In addition to Clark Gregg, S.H.I.E.L.D. stars Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Brett Dalton and Chloe Bennet.

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love by following @Max_Nicholson on Twitter, or MaxNicholson on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment