Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Hoffman Talks Catching Fire Role

In a recent interview, Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman discussed his upcoming role as Plutarch Heavensbee in Francis Lawrence's The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

"It's a great group of actors," Hoffman told EW.com. "It's a great environment. And the character was something I was attracted to. It was just an interesting role. [WARNING: Book SpoilersHe's somebody who's part of the revolution, but you don't know it. The idea that somebody would be risking themselves in such an extreme way to join something that's that dangerous because he thinks it's the future... That's interesting stuff, you know?" [End Spoilers]

Hoffman admittedly didn't read any of the books by Suzanne Collins before accepting the part, but he did watch the first movie. He's now reportedly halfway through the second book. "It's good," he says. "I've read the script, which is true to the book -- I kinda ruined it for myself. [Laughs] But I'm reading it anyway, because I really want to find out everything I need to know about this guy."

When asked if he was worried about joining one of Hollywood's most closely scrutinized franchises, the actor noted, "Things always pass over, you know? I don't know what it will be like. But, you know, I'm not playing Katniss. [Laughs] I'm not in high-profile movies in that way too often, so it usually passes. I'm 45. I think it will be all right."

Production begins later this year, with Catching Fire set to hit theaters November 22, 2013.

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love on Twitter and IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment