Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Louie: Season 4 Delayed

For those waiting with bated breath for the next new installment of Louie on FX, you'll have to sit tight a longer than expected. While the series has aired over the last three summers, Variety reports that Season 4 has been pushed back until spring 2014.

Why, you ask? The decision apparently comes per the request of star-creator Louis C.K., who wants more breathing room in putting together the next season.

"The last three seasons have been this surge of fun and work and stories and it's been great, but I want the show to keep getting better," C.K. said in a recent conference call. "That's my goal, and I don't want it to be making the donuts, I want it to be something that comes from somewhere important and stays funny. It's a luxury I asked for... Season 4 is my job right now, but I'm going to take a whole lot of time to turn it in. I want season four to go somewhere new, even if it's only a slight shift."

The comedian also noted that he thinks of the first three seasons as a trilogy of sorts, with the fourth season acting as the start of a new trilogy. He went on to say that, "pie in the sky," the show could go on for nine seasons (or three trilogies).

Current plans are to begin production on Season 4 in September for a May 2014 launch.

Max Nicholson is a writer for IGN, and he desperately seeks your approval. Show him some love by following @Max_Nicholson on Twitter, or MaxNicholson on IGN.


Source : ign[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment